Matthew Flinders Anglican College invites prospective families considering a quality education at Flinders to join one of our upcoming Discovery Tours.
These friendly and relaxed 45-minute tours are an opportunity for small groups of parents and their children to experience firsthand the passion for teaching and learning that is nurtured every day at Flinders.
Each tour group will be guided through our campus by one of our Heads of School, covering the Primary, Middle or Senior Schools.
These tailored sessions will invite tour guests to pop into classrooms and learning spaces to meet teachers and students along the way. This will give guests an opportunity to experience Flinders’ dynamic learning environment and to ask specific questions of our Heads of School, staff and students to gain their insights from personal experiences.
Tour guests will visit many of Flinders’ quality facilities such as the Performance Centre, Flinders Aquatic Centre, the sports ovals, specialist learning areas such as the Digital Zone and our Outdoor Classroom, drama and music facilities, and to learn about our new Master Plan building projects.
At the tour’s conclusion, guests will be invited to the Quarterdeck Café to enjoy a coffee catch-up with our Registrar and some of our College parents. Our staff and parents will answer questions about the day-to-day practicalities of starting a new schooling journey at Flinders, such as:
- what co-curricular opportunities are available across music, sport, the Arts, and community service projects
- how new students and their families are welcomed into the College community and what support is provided through buddy programs and orientation sessions
- what support is available for working families, such as Flinders’ Outside of School Hours’ Care (OSHC) program and vacation care program
- what public transport options are available
- general information about life in Buderim and on the Sunshine Coast.
We look forward to welcoming you to a Discovery Tour at Matthew Flinders Anglican College.
UPCOMING DISCOVERY TOUR DATES:
- Friday, 9 August 9:00am (Senior Primary School – Years 4 – 6)
- Wednesday, 14 August 9:00am and 11.00am (Middle School – Years 7 – 9 and Senior School – Years 10 – 12)
Secure your place at https://www.mfac.edu.au/enrolments/tour-bookings/