Girls perform better in girls’ schools
Girls learn by listening, sharing and reflecting. Their self esteem is positively influenced when they work with strong female role models. A significant advantage of a Shelford education is the opportunity for every girl to participate in every aspect of school life.
Shelford has small class sizes and offers a wide range of VCE and VET subjects. The co-curricular program is very strong and includes music, sport, debating, drama and overseas study tours. It is deliberately designed to allow every student to participate and to discover personal interests and talents.
Shelford is committed to ensuring that its curriculum remains relevant to the world in which our students live today, and which prepares them as global citizens for a future that will be significantly different from the present.
Shelford students succeed because they want to do well and they believe that they can achieve at the highest level. Their teachers share this belief. Every student is encouraged to be passionate about her learning and to embrace the challenges of a changing world.
Your daughter’s future will be shaped by the school you select for her. The wisest choice will be made when the school’s values are known and shared by you.
Students are encouraged to respect others and the environment, to act with integrity, to develop a social conscience and a sense of connectedness to the School and the wider global community.
In 2015 Shelford was placed 3rd girls' school in Victoria for its VCE results, as cited by The Age 17 December 2015.
Shelford at a glance:
• An inclusive school welcoming students from all backgrounds
• Small school with a wonderful sense of community
• Outstanding academic tradition
• Very high university success rate
• Exceptional Performing Arts and Visual Art Programs
• Extensive Sporting opportunities
• Impressive range of subjects at VCE level
• Strong literacy and numeracy focus in Junior School
• Reggio Emilia inspired, co-educational ELC
• Commitment to community service