Carey Baptist College Perth, is a co-educational College catering for Kindergarten to Year 12.
Carey Baptist College established the Forrestdale Campus in 2016.
The College has partnered with local families in developing a vibrant community with an expanding offering of Primary and Secondary education on the 20 hectare site.
Carey Forrestdale currently offers Kindergarten to Year 11 and will offer Kindergarten to Year 12 in 2024.
The campus is also home to Carey Baptist Church Forrestdale and Jump Out of School Hours Care.
Our educators strive to see children flourish in the Australian Curriculum. Our teachers use a variety of different teaching methodologies to inspire learning and connection towards the core curriculum concepts. Our open-door policy encourages parents and students to speak with the classroom teacher about any issues.
The Assistant Principal, along with our Learning Support team and Class Teacher, all partner together to ensure your child learns well. Parents receive learning updates through class newsletters, bi-annual academic reports, teacher-parent interviews and Learning Journey classroom tour events held twice yearly.
Primary and Secondary Joint Facilities Include:
• Teasdale iCentre: Our state-of-the-art Teasdale iCentre and library is the hub of the Campus. Kindergarten through to Year 12 access this facility and engage with its resources and staff. The iCentre provides a social space to meet, collaborate, research, learn, share, and relax.
• College Auditorium: Seating up to 1,000 people, our auditorium hosts assemblies and major events and is also home to Carey Baptist Church Harrisdale.
• The campus is also home to Carey Baptist Church Harrisdale, Timber Café and Jump Carey Early Development.
Primary School Facilities Include:
• Purpose built Kindergarten and Pre-Primary classrooms with built-in toilets and large fenced outdoor play spaces.
• A large Primary Art Room, Music Room, LOTE rooms, and Curriculum Support classrooms.
• A full-sized oval, large playground, cubby-fort area, and undercover play space.
• State-of-the-art undercover gymnasium space including a full-sized court.
• The Carey Community Garden and Aviary.
• FlatChat on-site Speech Therapy.
Secondary School Facilities Include:
• Core-Curriculum and elective dedicated classrooms and studios.
• A large purpose-built Science Centre with a lab technician space and courtyard.
• A two-storey Arts Centre with Woodwork, Metalwork, Music classrooms and practice spaces.
• An expansive Health and Physical Education building that includes a gymnasium, change rooms, fitness centre and indoor courts.
• A Dance and Visual Arts Hub.
Relationships are foundational to how we approach Pastoral Care at Carey. We invest in each child’s character and grow an attitude towards resilience, perseverance, problem solving, mindfulness and peace-making.
The Build-up Zone (BUZ) Program integrates with our school culture and teaches social and emotional life skills to each student. The course covers topics such as understanding emotion, self-regulation, communication with friends, and conflict resolution.
Our Pastoral Care Program is both relational and consistent with high behavioural expectations. Carey’s values seek to guide a child’s character and behaviour as we work to create an environment where each student has the opportunity to flourish.
Our Chaplain provides relevant learning opportunities that align with the Bible and our values. The Chaplain also facilitates programs to support student’s social and emotional wellbeing.
Our desire is for you and your family to be an integral part of this new community as we partner to focus on the holistic needs of the young lives that we are shaping towards a fulfilling future.
Since our commencement in 2016, it has been exciting to see the establishment of a strong community at our school.
Carey Forrestdale has benefited significantly from the years of experience garnered through our journey at the Harrisdale Campus. Much of the richness of this experience has been brought to bear in the planning, building and running of Carey Forrestdale.
Guided by passionate and skilled Carey educators who facilitate an extensive curriculum offering, students are encouraged to explore their God-given talents and unique strengths.
We believe that every encounter is an opportunity and we encourage parents to be a part of our community throughout and beyond your child’s years of learning at Carey Forrestdale.