To encourage young people who are entrepreneurial-minded, creative, inventive and courageous, The Knox School is offering scholarships for students who will be in Years 5,7,9 or 10 in 2020.
Young Entrepreneurs must have the creative interest, drive and inventive ideas to engage in both our strong academic and co-curricular program that will be focused on their general and individual schooling needs, their need for confidence and resilience, their support for a growth mindset and most importantly, in addition, the development of their entrepreneurial ideas from concept to reality.
The Knox School will develop their school program (classroom and co-curricular) to support their entrepreneurial ideas and directions. The Knox School will call on a system of adult support and mentoring for our Young Entrepreneurs and all of this will be supported by a scholarship which will include 50% off tuition fees until the end of Year 12.
A careful, focused interview process will be part of the selection criteria.
Entrepreneurship can occur in any area of endeavour, including but not limited to:
• STEM entrepreneurship (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
• Business entrepreneurship
• Social entrepreneurship
• Sustainability entrepreneurship
The key criteria to address in your application are:
• What is your dream? How will you change your world? What will you develop and how will it benefit others? What are your areas of interest and endeavour?
• What have these dreams and interests developed?
• What are your specific or particular areas of interest or passion?
• What, if anything, have you already achieved as an entrepreneur?
• Tell us about yourself and your family
Who you are, your attitudes and enthusiasm, your creativity, inventiveness and your drive and determination matter to us as much as your description of your areas of interest and endeavour.
We see this unique initiative as a means to allow our children to grow, not only into fine young adults, but also to advocate, create and grow their own future, contribute to their community and thrive personally.
The scholarship offers a discount of up to 50% off the tuition fees and is tenable until the end of Year 12.
Applications should include the following:
- Young Entrepreneurs Scholarship Application Form – AVAILABLE HERE
- Handwritten letter of introduction by the student, addressed to the Principal, Mr Allan Shaw.
- Copies of their last two school reports.
- A copy of their last two NAPLAN reports.
Please note that applications will not be returned therefore ask that only copies of reports and certificates be supplied. Applications should either be posted or delivered by hand and addressed to:
The Registrar: PO Box 4508 Knox City, Wantirna VIC 3152 or by hand to 220 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152
Digital or electronic applications will not be accepted.
- Applications will be shortlisted based on the reports provided and criteria outlined above shortly after the closing date.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited with their parents to meet with the Principal and Head of School.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be notified in writing once interviews are concluded.
Eligibility to apply
- New and current students of The Knox School
- Students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents
Click To Apply